SEED LAW ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
SEED Law, LLC is seeking to hire a full-time Associate Attorney. This position will be responsible for providing a wide range of legal services to small business and corporate clients.
SEED Law is a boutique business law firm in Kansas City, Missouri that specializes in serving entrepreneurs and business owners. The firm, which opened its doors in May 2015, is home to a team of 5 and an established business law practice that has a rapidly expanding client base. Adrienne B. Haynes is the founder and Managing Partner of SEED Law. She is a serial entrepreneur, an award winning businesswoman and attorney, and has been recently nominated for the Forbes 30 Under 30 Law & Policy Class of 2018.
For more information, visit www.seed.legal and www.adriennebhaynes.com.
Hours: Full-time; standard hours are 8:30am -- 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Start date: November or December 2017
Work location: SEED Law office, 5008 Prospect Ave, Kansas City, MO 64130.
Salary: Commensurate with experience with consideration for performance based bonuses.
Reporting structure: The associate reports to the Managing Partner.
The Associate Attorney will assist with a wide range of legal services to small business and corporate clients, with duties including, but not limited to:
- Providing counsel, advice, and other legal services to business clients; educating clients about legal rights and obligations and suggesting courses of action in business matters
- Interpreting laws, rulings, and regulations; making recommendations to management on how to respond to legal issues or proposed changes in laws and regulations
- Reviewing, preparing and negotiating contractual documents in a variety of industries
- Researching and writing legal memoranda and briefs
- Client engagement and consultation
- Incorporating technology into delivery of services and outreach;
- Providing exemplary client interaction through written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Providing litigation support when needed and;
- Special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of corporate law and transactional law
- Able to apply and/or interpret the law
- Able to gather and assemble complex facts or evidence, analyze thoroughly, negotiate as necessary, and implement the proper legal and business solution
- Able to consider both strategic and practical implications for proposed course of action
- Strategic problem-solving skills; able to apply individual reasoning to solve problems for which there are few readily available solutions
- Able to demonstrate solid business judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, for a diverse range of internal and external audiences
- Dependable and organized, with demonstrated professionalism and awareness of time-sensitive issues, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and proficient use of firm technology applications, including Zoho and Clio.
- Proficient understanding of widely used PC applications including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible, take direction and incorporate constructive feedback
- At least two (2) years of business or transactional law
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Missouri bar membership; additional licensure a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. SEED Law will only consider complete applications. Your cover letter should address your interest in being a part of SEED Law (please be specific) as well as your interest and experience in working in the field of entrepreneurship and business law.
Your writing sample should reflect your original legal research and writing; light editing by others is acceptable but co-authored pieces are discouraged.