We are always looking to grow our team of SEED Law entrepreneurial attorneys. Please see the position description below and reach out to us if this sounds like a good fit. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and only complete applications will be reviewed and responded to.
SEED Law Entrepreneurial Law Associate Attorney
Business and transaction firm seeking to hire a Entrepreneurial Law Associate Attorney. This position will be responsible for providing a wide range of legal services to small business and corporate clients. Preference will be given to candidates that have experience developing client relationships and are able to bring or build a book of business.
The Entrepreneurial Law Associate Attorney will assist with a wide range of legal services to small business and corporate clients, with duties including, but not limited to:
- Providing excellent lawyering through client counseling, contract drafting and negotiation, research, and strategy;
- Educating clients about legal rights and obligations and suggesting courses of action in business and corporate matters;
- Interpreting laws, rulings, and regulations; making recommendations to management on how to respond to legal issues or proposed changes in laws and regulations
- Drafting and preparing documents and correspondence in a client-ready form and effectively present information to clients and senior management.
- Responding to inquiries from regulatory agencies, clients, and community members in a timely manner;
- Incorporating technology into the practice, including administration, the delivery of services and outreach;
- Providing exemplary client interaction through written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Providing litigation support when needed and;
- Special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of corporate law and transactional law
- Able to apply and/or interpret the law
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills; Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, for a diverse range of internal and external audiences
- Strong ability to gather and assemble complex facts or evidence, analyze thoroughly, negotiate as necessary, and implement the proper legal and business solution
- Able to consider both strategic and practical implications for proposed course of action
- Strategic problem-solving skills; able to apply individual reasoning to solve problems for which there are few readily available solutions
- Able to demonstrate solid business judgment and decision-making skills
- Dependable and organized, with demonstrated professionalism and awareness of time-sensitive issues, attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and proficient use of firm technology applications
- Proficient understanding of widely used PC applications including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible, take direction and incorporate constructive feedback
- At least two (2) years of business or transactional law
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Missouri bar membership; additional licensure a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. SEED Law will only consider complete applications. Your cover letter should address your specific legal and business experience, qualifications, and interest in being a part of SEED Law as well as your interest and experience in working in the field of entrepreneurship and business law.
Your writing sample should reflect your original legal research and writing; light editing by others is acceptable but co-authored pieces are discouraged.
entrepreneurial law associate attorney positions